- Conceptualise your event and map out a budget. Create a plan listing objectives, desired outcomes and metrics to track. An event is never a standalone piece, and should fit into a wider company objective and marketing plan.
- When corporate event planning, keep partners in the loop. Coordinate on requirements and schedule regular times to keep in touch.
- Lock in the budget and scout venues. Book a venue at least three months out from the event and allow even more time if it falls in a peak period. Tip: Some venues will waive the cost of space at a minimum food and beverage spend; it always pays to ask.
- Map out theming and audio visual elements. Tip: Don’t cut corners on AV, as it’s one of the first things guests notice. It can instantly level an event up or down.
- Map out collateral, contact suppliers and request quotes. You might want to keep this digital so you have a record of everything.
- Map out a marketing plan so you can start drip-feeding details and creating anticipation and hype.
- Lock down any sponsors and collaborations and give these parties time to get organised early.
- Source videographers / photographers and plan vision. Get super organised and create a plan for cutting up and repurposing content to keep the momentum on your channels going post-event.
- Source permits. You’ll need a council permit if using public spaces, and an appropriate licence if serving alcohol.
- Create a guest list and send out invites. There are a number of corporate event planning apps that can send online invitations and automate guest lists.
- Create any slide decks early and don’t forget to rehearsals!
- Ensure every part of your event is on brand. First impressions count, and in a cluttered market it’s important to make the most of every opportunity.
- Create a run sheet to keep all parties in the loop and make sure everything’s tracking on time.
Keep in mind this corporate event planning checklist is not exhaustive, but serves as a basic planner you can add to.
Enlisting the support of a corporate events company to plan your next event can also help you cut time and costs by taking you straight to solutions tailored to your size, specifications and market. Talk to us to find out more.